- Center for Quality and Productivity Improvement, established at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1985. Among other things CQPI
publishes reports by experts including: W. Edwards Deming, George Box, William Hunter, Kaoru Ishikawa, Brian Joiner, Tim Fuller, William A. Golomski, Peter Scholtes...
- Leader Bios: W. Edwards Deming - Sir Ronald A. Fisher - Walter A. Shewhart
- Statistical Design of Experiments Project to teach high school students.
- American Statistical Association: Quality and Productivity Section, Distinguished Lecture Series videotapes.
- Royal Statistical Society
- ASQ Statistics Division
- Bill Parr, University of Tennessee Statistics Department.
- Electronic Statistics Textbook - huge online resource from Statsoft
- Virtual Library:
Statistics from the University of Florida Department of Statistics. Large site with data sources, job announcements, events, links to Statistics Departments and Institutes around the globe, archives...
- University of Wisconsin - Madison Statistics Department
- Bell Labs statistics research including a library of papers
- Minitab, software.
- Statistical Designs
Curious Cat Management Improvement Library - Statistics
Search for related online documents by keyword and document type
- Scientific Statistics, Teaching, Learning and the Computer
by George Box Center for Quality and Productivity Improvement at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
This report does a much better job than I can do of discribing my take on where statistics value to society lies (as a science not a branch of math). If you don't believe the thoughts expressed in this report you probably want a different guide to statistcis.
- The Key Role of Statisticians in the Transformation of North American Industry
by Brian Joiner Joiner Associates American Statistician, August 1985
- "101 Ways to Design an Experiment, or Some Ideas About Teaching Design of Experiments," by William G. Hunter, 1975, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Which Chart Should I Use?
by Donald J. Wheeler SPC Toolkit Column Quality Digest Magazine, April, 1996?
- When Do I Recalculate My Limits?
by Donald J. Wheeler SPC Toolkit Column Quality Digest Magazine, May, 1996
- Box, George, William Hunter and Stu Hunter. Statistics for Experimenters, 2nd Edition, 2005.
- Juran J.M. and Frank Gryna. Juran's Quality Control Handbook. Fourth Edition 1988, McGraw Hill.
- Joiner, Brian. Fourth Generation Management. McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Kume, Hitoshi. Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement. 1985.
- Shewhart, Walter. Statistical Method from the Viewpoint of Quality Control. Graduate School of the Department of Agriculture, 1939, 1986. details
- Shewhart, Walter. The Economic Control of Quality of Manufactured Products. 1931, 1980.
- Wheeler, Donald J. Understanding Variation: The Key to Managing Chaos. 1993. details
- Wheeler, Donald J. and David Chambers. Understanding Statistical Process Control, 2nd Edition. 1991.
For managers with little or no prior experience with statistics Brian Joiner's Fourth Generation Management provides a good place to start.