Home | Books | News | Links
Ender Series | Novels | Alvin Series | Homecoming Series | Short Stories | Historical Fiction | Fantasy | How to Write | OSC as Editor | More
Here we focus on the fantasy writting of Orson Scott Card. We attempt to list which books seem to fit into various categories (such as fantasy) to help you find what you would most enjoy. Here we place those writtigs that don't seem to fit as "Science Fiction" and that contain Card's wonderful ability to allow you to suspend your believes while dealving into wonderful tales where the impossible is possible.
Several also verge on suspense or horror such as Lost Boys and Homebody.
- Songmaster, ©1978, Reissue Edition Mass Market
Paperback 1993. An excellent and less well know work.
- Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, ©1996
hardcover. Excellent historical fiction, as in the Alvin Maker series.
Read Atlantis, a prelude to Pastwatch.
- Enchantment: A Classic Fantasy With a Modern Twist, 1999. (hardcover - audio tape - ) read the first chapter courtesy of Orson Scott Card. Listen to OSC read from Enchantment (requires Real Player). Listen to Orson Scott Card's April 29, 1999 radio interview at KFAI in Minneapolis Minnesota (requires Real Player).
- Homebody, 1998 (hardcover). You can read the first two chapters online courtesy Orson Scott Card.
- Treasure Box, 1996. hardcover audio tape Read the first two chapters of the book courtesy of Orson Scott Card.
- Magic Mirror by Orson Scott Card and illustrated by Nathan Andrew Pinnock, 1999. One illustrated short story - not a collection of short stories (32 pages total).
The Tales of Alvin Maker
Seventh Son (Alvin Maker 1), ©1987, Reprint Edition Mass Market
Paperback, 1993. Hugo Finalist, Locus Award (best fantasy novel).
- Red Prophet (Alvin Maker 2), ©1988, Reissue Edition Mass Market Paperback, 1996. Hugo Finalist, Nebula Finalist, Locus Award (best fantasy novel).
- Prentice Alvin (Alvin Maker 3), Reprint Edition Mass Market Paperback, 1989.
- Alvin Journeyman (Alvin Maker 4) ©1995, First Edition of Mass Market Paperback, 1996. Locus Award (best fantasy novel).
- Heartfire (Alvin Maker 5), 1998 (hardcover (audio tape - ). You can read the first four chapters courtesy Orson Scott Card.