Home | Books | News | Links
New Ender series book, November 2008: Ender in Exile.
Crystal City by Orson Scott Card, 2003, book six in the Alvin Maker series. "Alvin's efforts to protect his friends by keeping them healthy will create more danger than he could ever have suspected. And in saving the poor people of the city, Alvin will be put to the greatest test of his life---a test that will draw on all his power. For the time has come for him to turn to his old friend Tenskwa-Tawa, the Red Prophet who controls the lands to the west of the Mizzippy. Now Alvin must take the first steps on the road to the Crystal City that was shown to him in a vision so long ago."
- War Watch - a weekly column by OSC.
- Crystal City book tour
- Uncle Orson Reviews Everything - another weekly column by OSC (Harry Potter and His Clan Are Here To Stay 5 Nov 01)
- Robota by Doug Chiang and Orson Scott Card , 2003. An original illustrated science fiction novel, Robota follows the fortunes of a strangely powerful amnesiac named Caps as he navigates an ancient, decaying world in which a dwindling human population battles a society of merciless robot warriors.
- The Dragon Quintet edited by Marvin Kaye includes a novela by Orson Scott Card, a gothic yarn set in contemporary suburbia. "In the Dragon's House" tells about the mysterious dragon that lives in the wiring of an old house, palpable only to a young boy who in dreams shares its body and feels its true size and power. But what does it really want? Published in 2003 the book also contains stories by Michael Swanwick, Mercedes Lackey, Elizabeth Moon and Tanith Lee.
Shadow Puppets, Orson Scott Card, 2002. 30% off. In Shadow Puppets, Orson Scott Card continues the storyline of Shadow of the Hegemon, following the exploits of the Battle School children, prodigies who have returned to an Earth thrown into chaos after the unifying force of the alien invasion they stopped in Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow has dissipated. Read the first 3 chapters online.
- Masterpieces: The Best Science Fiction of the Century, edited by Orson Scott Card. Includes stories by Isaac Asimov, Greg Bear, Gregory Benford, Arthur C. Clarke, William Gibson, Robert A. Heinlein, Ursula K. Le Guin, Frederik Pohl, Kim Stanley Robinson and Robert Silverberg.
- Empire of Dreams and Miracles: The Phobos Science Fiction Anthology, edited by Orson Scott Card and Keith Olexa.
- Fiction Factor interview of Orson Scott Card.
- There is finally positive movement on the Ender's Game movie. "The director of Ender's Game is Wolfgang Petersen. The studio that is developing it is Warner Brothers." Other movies Petersen has directed include: Das Boot, Air Force One, Outbreak and The Perfect Storm.
"It will certainly be at least two years and more likely three, maybe even four years before the film is released."
"The upshot is that all are agreed on a fairly detailed outline of a film that combines Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow in a way that will combine the most important elements of both."
Find out the latest on the Ender's Game movie including more on the most recent news.
- View an online short comedy movie by Orson Scott Card: Remind Me Again.